The love Jesus had for all of us is incomprehensible and unbelievable. Indeed, Jesus literally absorbed every evil into Himself to set us free from an eternal Hell:
1) Struck the root of original sin.
2) Apathy to righteousness.
3) Betrayals (Judas and Peter)
4) Physical abuse (Scourging, Hypovolemic shock, bleeding)
5) Psychological abuse (mockery, imprisonment)
6) Sexual abuse (stripped naked and spat at)
7) Corruption and Hypocrisy of authorities and judicial systems (i.e. Pharisees and Pilate)
8) Lynch mob mentalities
And the most amazing thing is, Jesus could have stopped it at any time. He could have climbed down from the cross, snapped His fingers and healed His wounds or even teleported away for that matter. Imagine the level of temptation Jesus had throughout His passion! And still, He CHOSE to endure it for you and me.
And overflowing Graces for us still have not stopped! Even till today, Jesus offers His own body for you and me through the Sacrament of the Eucharist:
“When he was at table with them, he took the bread and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened and they recognized him; and he vanished out of their sight. Then they told what had happened on the road, and how he was known to them in the breaking of the bread.”
— Luke 24:30-31,35
Originally posted on Instagram.
Image: Dayly Knightly