Published on March 23rd, 2012 | by J.Q. Tomanek8
Things you won't hear at FUS…
Alright, I know today’s post rides on the heels of a recent post of mine. If you were hoping to hear from your favorite blogger and got me instead, then offer it up. The symposium on Catholic education is closing soon so I offer the “Top Ten Questions You Never Hear at Steubenville.”
9. “Who is Scott Hahn?”
8. “Where do I sign up for liturgical dancing?”
7. “Are you going to the Planned Parenthood talk at Tommie More?”
6. “Why are those guys wearing robes with rope tied around their waist?”
5. “Where are the birth control dispensers?”
4. “Can we at least entertain the possibility women can be priests?”
3. “Want to go to the Pro-Choice March with me?”
2. “Why is President Obama giving an honorary speech here?”
1. “Where are the co-ed dorms?”
Now for a free giveaway…next week. Hallie Lord of has recently released a collection of essays, “Style, Sex, & Substance”, by the leading Catholic women writers outside Ignitum Today. Some authors include:
- the ever hilarious, running momma in house clothes, and fearful of scorpions Ms. Jennifer Fulwiler. If you have not read or heard of Fulwiler, then I think you broke the 11th Commandment and the third of greatest commandments after love God and love your neighbor.
- The Simcha. Anybody with a cool name like that gets a “The” in front of it. By the way Simcha, don’t eat the Honey Bunches of Oats from that couple you saw at the Wal-Mart. It sounds like they might be soiled.
- Hallie also has contributed. She also blogs at Betty Beguiles on “Beauty, Romance, and Style…with a Vintage Twist.” I get so many fashion and organizing tips and her free ebook brought the diva out of…ummmm…I mean…she is cool. Plus her husband is the former lead singer of Pain.
- The rest of the lineup includes other notables: Danielle Bean, Rachel Balducci, Anna Mitchell, Barbra Nicolosi, Rebecca Teti, Elizabeth Duffy, and Karen Edmisten.
So tune in next Friday for the first of three free book giveaways and the next top 10 list.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://www.ignitumtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/JTDTAT-Childrens-House-Copy-e1329964684276.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Jared Tomanek lives in the country of Texas with his wife Denise, a Southern Belle from Trinidad and Tobago, and his three children. He holds two graduate degrees from Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio, an MBA and Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Having taught for five years in Catholic education, he now works in the construction industry in Victoria, TX. He is a parishioner of Holy Family of Joseph, Mary, and Jesus Parish in the Diocese of Victoria.[/author_info] [/author]